Music has always been part of my life. My ‘love’ for music is primarily based on my experiences as a practicing musician but I also work as a songwriter, composer, producer and sound engineer. In addition, as a result of my academic skills and interest in music sociology, I also undertake work in band coaching and project planning, culture policies and the music business.
I was born in 1976 in the western part of Zealand, Denmark. From an early age I began to develop my musical skills on several instruments – mostly piano, guitar and bass – based on my (inborn) musical ability to hear harmonic and melodic structures. This gave me a wide and auditory approach to music that has been my path ever since. I wrote my first song at the age of fourteen and from then on my primary goal has been – in broad terms – creating music.
In 1998 I moved to Copenhagen. Shortly after I formed the duo ’Adam’ together with songwriter and lead singer Brian Larsen. In 2002 we were signed by the independent record label, Invisible Wave, and we released our first album, ‘Beginners Luck’, in May 2003. This album was my first experience as a producer. The process was an eye-opener to the world of producing music and since then I have been exploring studio techniques and aesthetics through theoretical courses and practical projects.
Bona Fide Records (CCS Production -2010) was founded in 2003. The company makes music and sound productions – from installation art and abstract soundtracks to regular rock and pop songs. In the last couple of years I have been concentrating on (co-)writing and producing tracks for other artists as well as writing songs for my own projects.
In March 2015 I release my first album, Limbo, as a solo artist. Also, two new EP’s with my side projects ‘Peronard’ and ‘Busborg Ravn Frovin’ will be released during 2015. Stay updated at this site or at my facebook page www.facebook.com/clausfrovinmusic.
FACTS & FIGURESClaus Frovin (born 1976). Composer, songwriter and producer.
• Bachelor in Musicology, Copenhagen University (1998-2001) with Arts and Cultural studies as subsidiary subject – specializing in music sociology, market and culture policies. Innovation and entrepreneurship (2005).
• Member of the Danish Songwriters Guild, DPA (2008-).
• Owner of the company Bona Fide Records (2003-): Composition, studio recordings and live production for artists, bands, festivals and organizations.
• Extensive experience as an organizer, trainer and coach for bands in rhythmic genres.
• As a songwriter I have worked with: (US) Jenn Bostic, Jennifer Adan, Jon Vezner, Lisa Aschmann, Tyler Hayes, Vanessa Lively, Pamela Phillips Oland, Lori Barth, Kris Bergnes, Phil Roselle, Michael Joyce, Alan Miller, Nano Whitman, Craig Carothers, Thomm Jutz, Robby Armstrong and Daniel Ahearn. (DK) Lise Cabble, Anna Bell, Kirstine Lind, Louise Nipper, Mette Mathiesen, Sanne Graulund, Betina Følleslev, Anneli Lindborgh, Karen Sangvin, Peter Busborg, Tue Sander, Brian Larsen and Ebbe Ravn. Keith Hamilton (UK), Sean Needham (IR), Lovisa Wanngren (S) and Max Preece (UK). Furthermore, I have created music for four theatrical performances, two albums for children, the official music for an international sports event and a meditation project.
• As a producer I have worked with: Stig Kreutzfeldt, Stanley Samuelsen, Annette Heick, Craig Carothers, Dampfbahn, Jonas Schiermacher, ADAM, Frida Louise, Lovisa Wanngren, Rie Hagbard, Janne Wind, Edition Wilhelm Hansen, Gospel Unlimited, Teater Pozzo, Det Ny Tonefilmsorkester, Danmarks Radio and DGI.